End to Slum Conditions
Every person in Opa-locka has a right to live in a respectable environment.
- Enforce minimum housing standard
- Fund beautification projects for residential and commercial properties
- Fair and respected code enforcement, building inspections, permitting process
Community Policing for the People
Together we make our community safe.
- Build a police force respected by the community
- Establish neighborhood community watch liaisons
- Increase police patrol throughout the community
Increase Home-ownership and Entrepreneurship
Allow home-owners to conduct business on their property
- Implement legislation to allow homesteaded properties to operate businesses
- Create residential areas with business within walking distance
- Invest in small businesses with grants
Smooth Streets and End to Flooding
Our streets need to be fixed. Period. The flooding must stop.
- Annual budget allocations for re-milling of our streets
- Investment in proper equipment to fill potholes correctly
- Advocate for federal, state, and county assistance with infrastructure projects
Bring Life Back to Our Parks
Our public spaces must become a platform for the community to thrive.
- Increase funding for youth, adult, and senior programming
- Partnerships with residents, local business, and non-profits to provide services
- Bring back festivals like Arabian Nights
PAID FOR BY MATTHEW PIGATT CAMPAIGN
email@example.com – 786-248-1103